First thought: Why didn’t I do this before? Both games are full of charisma and passion, and feel so good in battle. It was in my category!
So, God of War 1:
Honestly this game is pretty outdated, and I’m not talking about the graphics, actually the graphics were pretty decent for the PS2 era. but the game design was pretty rough.
Which I didn’t like:
- Battles take a little too long for no reason, the game occasionally sends you a specific wave of enemies you just defeated, it’s irritating at times.
- The puzzles are too intrusive, there are a few interesting ones, but most of them are pretty straightforward, and require pushing crates from point A to point B. Also pushing the crates conveyor belt was quite frustrating at first, and then I found out that the conveyor belt stops after a while? Is this design intentional? Is this something they added afterwards because it was too heavy? If it is: A nice change of heart for me, haha.
- Very few end bosses, I can only think of 3 end bosses from GoW 1, maybe he had more but that’s saying something.
- The magic didn’t really happen. A big powerful AoE (which you’ll use 90% of the game), Zeus’ lightning to attack archers from a distance, a medusa head that I’ve never used, and Hades who is pretty powerful and you just drop it and forget about it.
- Hades was a little frustrated, especially when climbing the spinning rods….. It’s like you can get used to it. ….
What I liked:
- The atmosphere is fantastic, so gritty and dirty. Pandora’s Temple is indeed a very thoughtful place, and the madness of the architect slowly building to the final rooms is an excellent touch.
- The fighting system is, for a first game, super solid and fun, you have a lot of combo freedom, the variety of enemies is pretty good, and the game requires you to think a little against strong monsters.
- The end bosses are few but good, Minautor is great, Hydra was a great introduction, and the fight against Ares was pretty cool.
There’s a lot to take from it, GoW 1 is a diamond in the rough, and the best argument for why it’s good to make sequels is to keep making them.
God of War 2.
This game is a blast from the start. Almost every problem I had with the game has been solved in this game. Even the xp takes forever to run out in the first game, which is an extreme slight.
Which I didn’t like:
- ? ? ? Honestly, I’m not sure, maybe the handgun wasn’t as useful as I’d hoped, but that’s kind of my fault, because I quickly ignored the hammer when I realized I couldn’t dodge with it.
- Skeleton elevator. This time it’s too close to the last door…..
What I liked:
- The variety of environments is great, the atmosphere of God of War 1 is present, but it was a great idea to send the visuals to more colorful but still dark places. The giant frozen cave, the bronze horses, Atlas, even the swamps. Everything is beautiful and the surroundings are always refreshing. It feels like no set piece stays on screen too long, making many of them highly memorable for good reason.
- Magic is much better, and it’s more of a synergy with the fight than a detriment to it. Atlas Maaaabe’s Fury is too off-combat, but you get it so late that I accept that it’s part of the power fantasy for now.
- Like this. Very much so. Bumps. And I loved them all! The focus on the bosses was the best idea, all those confrontations with familiar characters are so awesome! Theseus, Perseus, Colossus of the Stick, Sisters of Destiny, BARABARIAN, DU GOV 1 ? ??? I loved this memory! And Zeus, too!
This is really one of the best parts of the game.
- The puzzles are much harder, but also much more interesting, and you get very few clues, which is ideal for finding a solution on your own. I think I only had to look up once in the entire game (put my body in the water stream to get it to the other side): I would never have thought of it!). There is concrete evidence that Clotho is a big boss of Enigma.
- The difficulty seems to come from the former, they seem more confident to challenge the player….. And I really enjoyed it, I died a lot more often than the difficult stuff in GoW2. But it doesn’t frustrate me as much as GoW1, the complexity is more common than annoying…… Except for the skeleton lift.
This game really feels like a true sequel, it fixes most of the problems I had with the first, adds new touches (boss!) and really shows how a well thought out sequel can turn a good idea into a timeless classic!
I don’t think I’m ready for God of War 3 yet!
Source: Original link
- The veteran of the God of War series just released God of War 4.
I know it’s still 6 months away, but I just finished the God of War 4 story. Many of you are way ahead of me, but work and life get in the way. I was in school when God of War came out on PS2. It was the most original, the most innovative, the most exciting, the most intelligent …..
- A crazy conspiracy idea.
Spoilers coming soon. The idea came to me a little earlier, and I know it’s impossible, because Santa Monica has always been pretty clear about who to kill. What if Brock and Sindri were plotting to kill the gods of Esier, posing as the masters behind the…
- The idea of the God of War movie
Okay, after playing all the God of War games and reading all the comic books that have come out, I know a fair amount of Kratos temptations. I’ve always wondered what a Go movie would look like, but more importantly, when it would come. After playing the last Gow, and with him….
I just finished playing God of War 1 and 2 for the first time, here are my thoughts! For the God of War game.
Top 10 most anticipated video games of 2020
2020 will satisfy both classic and modern players. To be on the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there must be a compelling reason for it to be released that year. Upcoming games that are only announced and do not have a major release date are therefore not eligible.
Top 15 NEW GAMES FOR 2020 [FIRST HALF]
By 2020, there will be a ton of… in the world of video games. Here are fifteen games to look forward to in the first half of 2020.
how long is god of war 2how long is god of war 1 ps2god of war walkthroughhow long is god of war ps2god of war overratedhow long is god of war 3,People also search for,how long is god of war 2,how long is god of war 1 ps2,god of war walkthrough,how long is god of war ps2,god of war overrated,how long is god of war 3,kratos