If a particular driver is outdated or incompatible with Windows 10, a BSoD error may occur. To fix BSoD errors, it is important that your drivers are up to date.
You can easily update the required drivers by visiting the hardware manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest drivers for your device.
You may need to update all of your computer’s drivers to fix this error.
Automatic driver update
Finding drivers yourself can take time. We therefore recommend that you use a tool that automatically does this for you. Using automatic driver updates will certainly save you the trouble of searching.
The program always keeps your system up-to-date with the latest drivers, so you don’t have to worry about driver updates or compatibility issues.
⇒ Get DriverFix
5. Start SFC scan
- Go to Search, type cmd and open the command prompt (admin).
- Type the following line and press Enter: sfc/scannow
- Wait for the analysis to complete (this may take some time).
- The tool solves the problem automatically if possible.
- Now close the command line and restart the computer.
Another problem-solving tool that may be useful here is the SFC analysis. It is a command line program that scans your system for possible defects and fixes them if possible. This can also correct the PAGE_NOT_ZERO error.
6. Start DISM
- Right-click on Start and open the command line (Admin).
- Type the following command and press Enter: DISM/Online/Cleaning/Image/Restoration-Health
- Wait until the analysis is complete.
- Restart your computer and try the update again.
And the last troubleshooting tool we’ll try is DISM. It is probably the most powerful diagnostic tool available because it reconstructs the system image.
The following is a description of both the standard that uses the procedure described above and the procedure that uses the installation media:
With Windows installation support
- Insert the Windows installation media.
- Right-click in the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the following commands at the command line and press Enter after each command: dism/online/cleanup-image/scan health dism/online/cleanup-image/ restorehealth
- Now type the following command and press Enter: DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth/source:WIM:X:SourcesInstall.wim:1/LimitAccess
- Be sure to replace the valueXwith the letter of the attached drive during Windows 10 installation.
- Restart the computer when the process is complete.
7. Check hard disk.
- Start the advanced boot procedure (restart the computer by holding down the Shift key).
- Select Troubleshooting > Advanced Settings.
- Select the command line from the list of options.
- When the command line appears, type the following lines and press Enter after each line to run it: bootrec.exe/rebuildbcd bootrec.exe /fixmbr bootrec.exe /fixboot
- Some users also recommend running additional chkdsk commands.
- To run these commands, you must know the drive letters of all the partitions on the disk.
- On the command line, type the following (make sure you use the letters that correspond to the partitions on your computer’s hard drive) chkdsk/r C: chkdsk/r D :
- Restart the computer and see if the problem is resolved.
This is just an example, remember you need to run the chkdsk command for each disk partition you have.
If you have problems with your hard drive, BSOD problems are very possible. To check if this is the case, run the chkdsk command.
This command examines all your scores for possible problems. If a solution is available, this tool will apply it.
Can’t you run the command prompt as administrator? We have the right solution for you!
8. Temporary removal of antivirus software
Often blue screen of death errors are caused by third party software, such as B. by your antivirus program. According to users, both Avast and Bitdefender can cause such errors.
So make sure you remove this software from your PC. Uninstalling the program may not be enough, as antivirus programs tend to leave some files and registry entries behind after they are removed.
To completely remove the antivirus program from your PC, we recommend using a special removal tool.
Almost all antivirus vendors offer a special tool to uninstall their software. So be sure to download and use it.
Although users cite Avast and Bitdefender as the main causes of the PAGE_NOT_ZERO blue screen of death error, you should know that almost any antivirus program can cause this error.
It is recommended that you remove all third-party antivirus software from your PC. If uninstalling the antivirus program fixes the error, you can reinstall it or switch to another antivirus program.
We recommend that you use our detailed list of the best antivirus software on the market and choose one of the products that meets your needs.
⇒ Get IObit Uninstaller.
9. BIOS Update
Some users have reported that they fixed the PAGE_NOT_ZERO blue screen bug with a BIOS update. By updating your BIOS, you unlock new features on your motherboard so it can work with new hardware.
Remember, upgrading the BIOS is a potentially dangerous process, so be very careful if you don’t want to damage your motherboard.
To make sure that you have updated the BIOS correctly, we strongly recommend that you consult the manual of your motherboard.
10. Resetting Windows 10
- Restart the computer several times during the boot process to initiate automatic recovery.
- Select Troubleshooting > Reset this PC > Erase everything.
- You may be asked to insert the Windows 10 installation media, so be prepared for that.
- Select Only drive with Windows installed > Clear my files and click Reset.
- Follow the instructions to complete the reset.
If this error is caused by a specific software, you can easily fix it by resetting Windows 10. This process is similar to a fresh install, so we recommend backing up all important files before you begin. You may also need a bootable USB drive with Windows 10, so make sure you create one. To reset Windows 10, do the following
Do not install any software after performing the reset. Instead, test the PC for a while and see if the error repeats itself. If the error occurs again, it is probably due to your hardware.
Are there any problems with the automatic repair of windows? Fix it with this detailed guide.
11. Control of defective equipment
If you get the PAGE_NOT_ZERO error message from the blue screen of death, we recommend you check your memory first. Several users have reported that faulty RAM can cause this error.
We strongly recommend that you check that your RAM is working properly. Sometimes this error can be fixed by moving the RAM to another location.
If your RAM is working fine, check your other hardware components. Users have reported that this error is caused by a faulty processor. Therefore, check the processor first and then proceed with the other components.
The PAGE_NOT_ZERO blue screen error is usually caused by faulty software or RAM, but you can easily fix it with one of our solutions.
It would help us a lot if you would leave your comments or suggestions on this topic in the comments below, so please do so.
stop code critical process died,windows 10 stop code error,windows stop code scan,windows 10 blue screen error codes,blue screen diagnostic tool windows 10,windows 10 blue screen troubleshooter missing,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows 10 start menu critical error 2020,your start menu isn t working windows 10 1909,critical error windows 10,your start menu isn ‘t working windows 10 2004,windows 10 start menu critical error 2004,your start menu is not working,critical error start menu and cortana